[pHash-support] This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

Adel Alrashidi adelksu at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 09:54:32 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

 I am not a C/C++ programmer and I want to use the phash library. The problem is when I try to load phash.dll library in my Java program,  I got the following error:

 "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

When I put the application in the widows\system32 directory and run the regsvr32, it gives me the same error above.

I searched the internet and found several solutions such as

installing MS C++ Library, and installing the msvcr90.dll. Unfortunately, nothing worked.

Any idea?

Also, for the pHash-jni.dll . Do you have it complied for windows? I couldn't make it compile simply because I have no idea  how to compile a C/C++ applications.

Thanks in advance.

Adel