[pHash-support] Pro Tip for Ubuntu installs

Collin Cusce collin.cusce at wmcglobal.com
Thu May 19 22:42:39 PDT 2011

If you want to install ffmpeg, using medibuntu made my life a lot easier....

After getting missing library errors despite them being installed, I went
with medibuntu by executing the following command:

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/`lsb_release -cs`.list
> --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list && sudo apt-get -q
> update && sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install
> medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get -q update

Then I removed ffmpeg (which never helped before, so I know it was medibuntu
that made the difference)

apt-get remove ffmpeg

After that I simply called:

apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-extra-52 libavformat-dev libswscale-dev

And the ./configure suddenly worked like a boss.

--Collin Cusce
--WMC Global
--R&D Manager
--Office: (703) 222-6280 x110