[pHash-support] PHash Usage

Bob Foster squeak251 at live.com
Fri Apr 15 02:20:01 PDT 2011

Hi All

I have recently found phash, and I was wondering if it could be used for an application I am working on.

Basically what I want to do is have a digital finger print embedded into a video file that will enable me to monitor when a video is played. Everytime the video is played I am notified about this, ideally with the users IP so I can find out who played it.

Now there are problems I can see with this, is if the user records the video onto a different system, compresses it etc this could effect this digital signature.

This would be used to track product placements, and we would be informed how long the video had been played for.

Bob