[pHash-support] throwing exceptions from the binding code into the java glue

Evan Klinger eklinger at phash.org
Mon May 17 09:04:50 PDT 2010

Hello,
Currently we disable CImg exceptions during compilation since they add
considerable overhead. I understand the value they provide, but I'm
wondering if it's possible to have them disabled in CImg/pHash and
simply check the return code from CImg functions and throw exceptions
in the Java code only. For example, if the CImg jpeg load function
fails, the returned pointer will be NULL which can be tested and then
throw your IllegalImageException in Java.

Evan