[pHash-support] Initial Testing

Evan Klinger eklinger at phash.org
Sat Jan 30 08:57:28 PST 2010

David,

How much resize, cropping and trimming are you talking about?
We are aware of the performance issue and we are investigating ways to
speed it up but at this time there is no getting around reading the
video frame by frame.
The video hash accepts any format that FFmpeg does, and it does
support flv files. You may be missing the codec for FFmpeg. I played
an FLV file last night using mplayer without any trouble.
You can also try playing around with the video hash parameters to see
if it helps when matching. Try adjusting the adaptive threshold lower
in the source. You can also tweak the sample rate. Currently it is
sampling every .5 second. Setting it to sample every second may help.
Please let us know your findings.

Thank you
Evan