[pHash-support] pHash via JNI on Windows

Mark Worger mark at worger.net
Thu Jul 28 07:15:12 PDT 2016

Hi all,

                I'm having some problems getting pHash working via the JNI
wrapper on windows.

I've grabbed the java bindings from the *nix  download and have tried
running with both the 'Release' & 'Debug' dlls, both of which give me the
following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
D:\Documents\programs\pHash-0.9.4\Debug\pHash.dll: The application has
failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please
see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for
more detail

                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)

                at Hello2.main(Hello2.java:150)

I've also tried recompiling in Visual Studio 2015, but the build throws the
following error:

LNK2019           unresolved external symbol ___iob_func referenced in
function _output_message
D:\Documents\programs\pHash-0.9.4\libjpeg-static-mt.lib(jerror.obj)

I've tried googling for hours, but to no avail - any ideas?

Regards,

Mark Worger