[pHash-support] throwing exceptions from the binding code into the java glue

Evan Klinger eklinger at phash.org
Wed May 19 10:25:37 PDT 2010

Currently we disable all exceptions through a #define in the source.
So it's hardcoded. But after looking at the CImg source again the
macro may have been renamed so I need to look into that again to make
sure we are using the correct name.
What was the result of the JPEG error, did it cause the application to
crash? It may be sufficient to check the CImg instance after your load
call to be sure it was correctly loaded. I believe you can use
img.is_empty() to check for that condition. So the first step is to
determine if it was CImg that caused the crash or your application.

Evan