[pHash-support] patch proposal: block mean value based perceptual image hash function

Christoph Zauner mlistdrop at ftml.net
Wed Apr 28 07:39:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have implemented a block mean value based perceptual image hash
function [1] in your pHash library. If you are interested in
integrating this algorithm into pHash I could supply a patch. First
test results have shown that this function is not as
robust as your MH based image hash function but it is multiple
times faster.

I certainly would need more time for preparing and testing the
patch. I have not much spare time at the moment. Therefore I
probably would post the patch sometime in August.

[1] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/IIH-MSP.2006.66

Best regards,
Christoph Zauner