[Phash-support] Phash on Mac OS X

Sebastian Gallese sebastiangallese at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 08:14:29 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm having trouble compiling Phase 0.7.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

I first installed FFMpeg from MacPorts.  I then downloaded CImg 1.3.2 and
placed CImg.h and the plugins and resources folders inside the Phase 0.7.1
folder.

Upon compiling, I was then prompted to install FFMpeg.  I figured the path
that MacPort installs to can be funky, so I just downloaded the FFMpeg
source and installed it from the GIT code.  While compiling, the program
returned the output below.

If you need any more information about where things are installed or output,
I'll post it to the list-serv.

It looks like people have had problems compiling with Mac OS X in the past.
I'd be happy to try to resolve this issue, but I can also move to a Windows
machine or install a flavor of Linux if you think that might be easier to
get this to work.

Any help is great!

Thanks,

Seb

I received the following error:

[...]

checking whether the gcj linker
(/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes

*** Configuring image hash ***

checking CImg.h usability... no
checking CImg.h presence... no
checking for CImg.h... no
checking whether CImg.h is in the current or src directory.... yes

*** Configuring video Hash ***

checking whether FFmpeg is present... checking for avcodec_alloc_frame in
-lavcodec... no
configure: error:

*** libavcodec not found.
You need FFmpeg. Get it at <http://ffmpeg.org/>