[Phash-support] Problems compiling

Jason Morgan jason.morgan at vpnsolutions.uk.com
Sat Aug 1 08:53:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to compile pHash on Debian (lenny).

I've installed the following dev packages:

apt-get install libavcodec-dev
apt-get install libavformat-dev
apt-get install libswscale-dev
apt-get install fftw-dev
apt-get install fftw3-dev
apt-get install libjpeg-dev
apt-get install libx11-dev
apt-get install cimg-dev

I had to change cimgffmpeg.h to point to ffmpeg for the includes
        #include "ffmpeg/avformat.h"
        #include "ffmpeg/avcodec.h"
        #include "ffmpeg/swscale.h"

But I still get problems when compiling, the problems seem to be with cimg.
I note when I run ./configure that a number of tests for cimg seem to fail.
What version (if there is more than one) of cimg should pHash be compiled
with.

I also tried the latest deb package that exists on the cimg website with
worse results.

Cheers,
Jason.